Re: Import/Export Franch character problem. Can anybody Help?

From: Iurie Jigalov <Zhigalov.Yuri_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:17:56 -0400

Hi Sybrand,
thank you for your answer.
Before coversion ( imp/exp ) I checked all settings on OS/2 and NT server and client.

1. OS/2  Server character set is WE8ISO5589P1,
2. OS/2  Client character set is WE8ISO5589P1
3. NT Server and registry have WE8ISO5589P1
4. NT Client also WE8ISO5589P1 in registry.

For Export I used exp73 from NT client (and exp from OS/2 server) and I saw message: " converted to WE8ISO5589P1 character set without errors and warnings ". Import was done also without errors and warnings. But instead of French I saw black square

in SQL Plus and SQL. In server manager (svrmgr23) in NT dos mode I can see french very well.
As I know in dos mode NT uses 850 code page, and I tried to change registry for WE8PC850 but
result was the same I could not see French. Do you have any idea?

Thank you beforehand,
Iurie.