Re: Oracle7.2.3 to Oracle8.0.5

From: James Dickson <James.Dickson_at_mail.esrin.esa.it>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:06:58 +0200

Sunil Jayasinghe wrote:

> hi
>
> Is migrating from Oracle7.2.3 to Oracle8.0.5 safe
> using the migrate tool (what can go wrong?).
> or should I use export/import?
>
> Thanks
> Sunil

Hi Sunil

Strangely enough I'm migrating a DB from 7.2.2.4 to 8.0.5.1 at this very moment. I opened the news while waiting for the import to finish.

Make a cold backup of the v7 DB before you begin and recompile all invalid v8 objects after you finish.

James
--
james_at_NOSPAM.valhall.esrin.esa.it

rm first 6 chars after @ before replying Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 15:06:58 CDT