Re: Error handling quesiton? SQLPLUS return code in UNIX/NT

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:40:50 +0100

In article <01be85de$542d2030$8f36a8c0_at_ctmnnt022b>, RABK <rkarl_at_consultec-inc.com> writes
>Does anyone have a code snipet of UNIX that looks at return codes
>from SQLPLUS? Is there a success or failure return on SQLPLUS for UNIX to
>use or is it all within SQLPLUS
>that error checking should be done?
>
>Whats the best method to use in automated PL/SQL scripts for Oracle?

It's been a while, but I seem to recall that SQL/PLUS always gave the same return code whether or not there were failures. I'd guess that your PL/SQL should determine the status and write it off somewhere for later processing.

Andy
--
Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request