Re: ERROR: ORA-12204: TNS:received data refused from an application

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:17:03 GMT

The following from Oracle Support about a similar problem may help trace the cause...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Subject:
Re : Re : Listener refuses connections randomly Posted on: 18 Jan 1999 14:53:33
Hi Nahed,

Due the severity of the problem, I had to call Oracle Technical Support the same day I posted this message, the problem was solved.

  1. The database is not configured to use MTS.
  2. The load is about 6000 connections per hour.
  3. The problem was not reproducible.

The problem was related to Oracle Trace, I took the following actions:

  1. Edit listener.ora to include (ENVS='EPC_DISABLED=TRUE')
  2. Stop listener
  3. Shutdown databases
  4. Delete $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin/*.dat (process.dat was 1.5 Mb !)
  5. Start listener
  6. Start databases

Reference: 45482.1 ?Oracle Trace Is Enabled By Default?

Thanks!

Hope it helps...

Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote:

>Vicko Kan wrote:
>
>> when I try to connect to my Oracle server version 7.3 every
>> SECOND time thru my client, I got this error:
>>
>> ERROR: ORA-12204: TNS:received data refused from an application
>>
>> There is nothing on that in Oracle help, do you have any clues ?
>>
>> Your answer is greatly appreciated.

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 14:17:03 CDT