okay, stored proc...now can't get oci805 working...

From: <afrancis_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:59:35 GMT

Dogan,

thanks for the reply, I took your advice (thanks) and NOW, I can't get the darned oci805 driver working. I'm very sure that I'm referencing my LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly because I do a "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /appl/oracle/product/8.0.5/lib" and I can see the liboci805jdbc.so file in that directory. Yet I get the following runtime error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci805jdbc in

java.library.path  at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)  at
java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:94)  at
java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:50)  at
java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:43)  at
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:42)  at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)  at
java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:471)  at
java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:745)  at
oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:142)  at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:103)  at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:148)	at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:137) at ProcessOrder.main(Compiled Code)

Any and all help is gratefully accepted. Thanks.