Re: Oracle Application server 4.0

From: Kenton Ho <kjho_at_engmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:22:29 -0400

Try this:

Set the ORACLE_HOME environment to your oracle home...

Control Panel / system / environment

Variable: ORACLE_HOME
Value: C:\ORANT

Also try restarting the application server manually (After setting the environment variable.)

  1. Delete everything from orb\admin\names
  2. go to orb\admin\bin
  3. mncnmsrv40 -i OORB (wait until 36-38 files are created in orb\admin\names
  4. mncnmsrv40 (wait 10-20 seconds)
  5. mnlogsrv40 (wait 10-20 seconds)
  6. mnordsrv40 (wait 10-20 seconds)
  7. mnorbmet40
  8. mnorbls40 (to see the services. Should be 5 lines)
  9. go to ows\4.0\bin
  10. owsctl start -w all (Start WRB processes)
  11. owsctl start -l all (Start Listener processes)

I think 4.0.6.4 does not work on SP4.... It's documented at:

http://www.nthelp.com/oraweb.htm

The above was what I had to do to get 4.0.7 working. Not sure if it is applicable to 4.0.6.4

Kenton Ho
Perfit Computer Systems Group Inc.