Re: limit on column title length?

From: James Petts <jpetts_at_celltech.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:42:59 GMT

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:13:57 GMT, dhtn_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>Is there a configurable limit on the length of a column title? ie. I would
>like to migrate a database from Microsoft to Oracle and some of the tables
>has long column name such as EMPLOYEE_IN_DEPARTMENT_OF... Many thanks, Danh

Maximum of 30 characters (non-configurable):

SQL>
create table a (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234 number);

Table created.

SQL>
create table a (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz12345 number); create table a (abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz12345 number)

                *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00972: identifier is too long

James Petts Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 07:42:59 CDT