Re: Large object table export

From: Tim Shute <Tshute_at_nospamnisoft.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:38:24 +0100

In article <3712F09D.2D76EDB8_at_statoil.com>, Eivind Hodneland <ehod_at_statoil.com> writes
>I have an object table (50.000.000 rows, about 30 GB) filled up with
>dummy data (mostly).
>To free disk space, I want to keep only the "real" data in the table.
>The "real" data can easily be selected via SQL. The problem is that an
>ordinary DELETE statement both takes a lot of time AND fills up the
>rollback segments.
>
>Any good advice on how I could accomplish this task would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>Eivind

Hi Eivind,

You could try creating a dummy table :- CREATE TABLE HOLD_IT AS SELECT * FROM OBJECT_TABLE WHERE your criteria;

Then TRUNCATING the OBJECT_TABLE

Then re-insert the data :-
INSERT INTO OBJECT_TABLE
SELECT * FROM HOLD_IT; HTH