Large object table export

From: Eivind Hodneland <ehod_at_statoil.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:22:05 +0200

I have an object table (50.000.000 rows, about 30 GB) filled up with dummy data (mostly).
To free disk space, I want to keep only the "real" data in the table. The "real" data can easily be selected via SQL. The problem is that an ordinary DELETE statement both takes a lot of time AND fills up the rollback segments.

Any good advice on how I could accomplish this task would be greatly appreciated.

Eivind Received on Tue Apr 13 1999 - 02:22:05 CDT