Re: ODBC problem

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: 1999/04/12

The ODBC driver manager is odbc32.dll from Microsoft. This sounds like something (the Oracle ODBC drivers) installed part of MDAC with some of the core components incompatible with others. Try downloading MDAC 2.0 from MS and install it. This will make sure you have the most current core odbc components.

bilal_z_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problems setting up the correct ODBC driver for Oracle 8 on my NT
> workstation. Everytime I try to open the ODBC connection I get the following
> message from the ODBC Driver Manager:
>
> "The ODBC resource DLL (C:\WINNT\System32\odbcint.dll) is a different version
> than the ODBC driver manager
> (C:\WINNT\System32\ODBC32.dll).
> You must reinstall the ODBC components to ensure the proper operation."
>
> I have already configured the ODBC driver through my Control Panel.
> Can someone please tell me what's worng?
>
> Thanks,
> Bilal.

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: ray_porter_at_unc.edu
       dragon_at_email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."