OS timestamps during hot backup

From: David Lai <davidlai_at_VERITAS.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:38:59 -0700

Oracle datafiles' OS timestamps are usually not updated until the database is shutdown. It seems logical to me that when a tablespace is put in hot backup mode the OS timestamps of its datafiles should be updated (for OS level incremental backups). I was running Oracle 8.0.5 on HP-UX 11.0 and when I put the database in hot backup mode I did not notice any changes in the OS timestamps of the datafiles. Could someone tell me why?

David Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 18:38:59 CDT