REF operator

From: Murthy Jarugumilli <murthyjs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:04:50 -0700

Hi

Can you take the reference of an object that is not set up as an object table (in Oracle 8/8i) ?

If I have an object type called my_object and an object of this type called my_object_tbl,
then I can do something like this to get the reference:

declare
ref_var REF my_object ;
BEGIN

select REF(p) INTO ref_var FROM my_object_tbl ; ..
END; If I dont create an object table (because I simply want to use the object type in PL/SQL code), is
there any way by which I can take a reference of it ?

I'm looking for something like this (which doesn't compile) :

ref_var REF my_object ;
obj_var my_object ;

ref_var := REF(obj_var) ; --this doesnt work

Thanks in advance
Murthy. Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 17:04:50 CDT