Pro-C Question - Any Ideas?

From: Dan McNaul <danmcnaul_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:59:55 -0400

Hi,

I have a Pro-C program that runs under a flavor of UNIX. The program initializes by connecting to Oracle and stays connected until the program is signaled to stop. The program does the following when a phone call arrives.

It creates a dynamic SQL statement.
It PREPAREs the SQL statement
It DECLARES a CURSOR for the SQL stmt
It OPENs the CURSOR
It FETCHes the rows returning the specified rows (and stores them in a linked list)
It CLOSEs the CURSOR

Everything works fine on the first phone call and returns the appropriate information.

On the second phone call, however, the program successfully calls PREPARE, DECLARE, and OPEN (zero sqlca.sqlcode). But when the program executes the FETCH the program dumps core in the Oracle function sqlcex(). I think
it is related to the fact that the variables in the program still contain residual data from the first phone call. I have taken special care to make sure my (non-Oracle) variables are reinitialized. Have any of you seen this behavior before? Does anyone have an idea of what I should do about it?

Thanks

McNaul Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 16:59:55 CDT