startup nomount & not logged on

From: georgios varsamopoulos <varsamop_at_cs.colostate.edu>
Date: 12 Apr 1999 15:32:34 -0600

Hi,

        I'm installing Oracle8i on a Solaris 2.7 machine and I have created the necessary sripts through dbassist to create a database. The first script had the following lines

spool somefile
connect internal
startup nomount pfile = /somewhere/oracle/admin/SOLDB/pfile/initSOLDB.ora

and I'm getting the following:

	ORACLE instance started.
	ORA-01012: not logged on

The first one is expected, the second is not. What's is going on? (note that the next command is a CREATE DATABASE statement that doesn't get executed because "ORA-01012: not logged on")

Can anybody help me sove this problem?

Thank you in advance,
George Varsamopoulos Received on Mon Apr 12 1999 - 16:32:34 CDT