Corrupted MS Access file?

From: <khorasan_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:57:04 GMT

Hi folks,

When I try to open the database made by MS Access, I get the following message and can not open the database. What is the problem and how can I open and work with the database. The message is:

The database 'C:\ name of database' needs to be repaired or isn't a database file.

You or another user may have unexpectedly quit MS Access while MS Access was open. Do you want MS Access to repair the database? Yes No

When I click yes, I get the following message:

The database 'C:\ name of database' can't be repaired or isn't a MS Access file

I also have one data base that works properly. I want to make copies of it (just in case ) on other drives. But when I copy and try to open the copies, I get the above message. Your help would be highly appreciated. Please e-mail me.

Regards