Re: redo log member creation error

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:38:02 -0700

Steve wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Does anyone know why redo log member can be created but is invalid due to
> 'unable to open the thread'?
>
> Appreciated.
>
> Steve

I may be mistaken, but I think that with redo logs the word 'thread' refers to an Oracle instance - the Parallel Server world. I don't know what your configuration is nor how you have created the redo log member, but I would say that Oracle thinks the redo log is associated with an instance which is not the current one.

--

Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation