date intervals

From: Eric <ericfingerhut_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 01:09:42 -0400

I need to keep track of how long various system process execution times. In my source code, I have an object that knows the start time and the end time of a process, and I have an Interval object that can calculate the difference between the two.

Ideally, I want to be able to store one value representing this interval in Oracle (7.3 server), which I can later retieve and format as hour:min:seconds in Brio Query. I want to be able to total these values as well, and display the total formatted as hour:min:seconds as well.

Can I do this? What Oracle datatype should I use, and how should it be populated?

Any advice much appreciated!

Eric Received on Sun Apr 11 1999 - 00:09:42 CDT