Re: automatic startup of an oracle instance on windows NT

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:28:11 -0400

Hi,

I stumbled into the same problem when I tried to make two instances work on the same box.
If the pfiles are not located in the default directory as specified in the registry, the automatic
start doesn't work. The problem is that before 8.0.4, there's only one oracle_home that can
be specified. We develop under Oracle7, so all my pfiles are under the same directory, even though
the other instance files are under specific directories. Be careful with your backups.

Sylvain Leclerc, DBA
INT Systèmes d'information
sleclerc_at_magrit.com