Rally against rdb moves to rally against Oracle, anyone done the same?

From: Bruno Abate <babate_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 22:08:24 GMT

Hello everyone,

As an Oracle DBA I need to migrate an RDB server to Oracle7 in a VMS environment. The client is and will be Oracle Rally.

Has anybody done it? Are there any problems?

What I am looking for is for instance: As the optimizers are entirely different, in what situation does one have to doubleckeck execution plans and what hints should one include to make it do it right? (i.e. no slower than the rdb server!)

Thanks in advance.