Another Reports Printing Issue

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 20:22:41 GMT

Hi again.
WE have a Report developed in Oracle Reports 3.0. The exact positioning of the various text items in the printed output varys slightly depending on the printer we send the output to. This is a big issue on pre-printed stationery. The printers we are using are HP Laser Jet III and HP Laserjet 8100.

Obviously, I would expect the Oracle Report to be portable across printers.
So does this mean that I must configure my printers to have similar settings?
What are these settings? Margins? Number of Lines per page?

Can someone please give me pointers and explanations of the implications of any settings that should be changed. Details of how to change these would also be useful.

Thanks a million.

Coakleyj