imp reading stdin ( UNIX )

From: Kevin Brand <kevinx_at_sequel.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 07:55:09 -0500

The following works:

    exp parfile=xxx.par file=stdout | gzip >mydump.gz

But I can find nothing that allows imp to read from stdin like this:

    gzip -c -d mydump.gz | imp parfile=xxx.par file=stdin

I can create a pipe then filter all of the dump file through there, but this is slow. I'd rather implement this on the command line like this:

exp parfile=xxx.par file=stdout | imp parfile=xxx.par file=stdin

Why does exp recognize the standard unix notation for standard out while imp does not recognize standard unix notation for standard in??

Any suggestions?

-Kevin

--

remove the x for email response Received on Fri Apr 09 1999 - 07:55:09 CDT