Re: HELP: missing dbf file

From: Glen Upreti <Glen.Upreti_at_NOSPAMnau.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:21:06 -0700

You will have to do an
alter database datafile offline drop
but please note all of the data on lost datafile is gone since you do not have a backup, AND the datafile still exists in the data dictionary. So what you want to do now is extract the ddl for all invalid objects and move all valid objects to another tablespace. I would then drop the tablespace, then recreate the tablespace and all of the invalid objects. Also watch out, doing an offline drop is just so that you can open the db, the database may still try to write to that datafile. glen