Re: automatic startup of an oracle instance on windows NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 00:19:32 +0200

The OracleStartGDAT calls a .cmd or a .bat file startgdat.cmd. This is just a call to oradim80. There should be a pfile parameter included. Change it to the correct location. The problem here is most likely the non-standard location of pfile.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

rachamallu_reddy_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7einaj$hsq$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hi,
> I hav oracle 8.0.3 installed on a windows NT server. I have the default
ORCL
>instance. I created a new GDAT instance. I was succesfully able to create
the
>databae, tablespaces, users etc. The services OracleServiceGDAT and
>OracleStartGDAT are marked AUTOMATIC STARTUP in the Services applet of the
>control panel. The differences between the ORCL database and GDAT database
are
>that, GDAT's pfile initGDAT.ora is not in the default location and GDAT
>database has ARCHiving enabled.
> When I reboot the NT server, ORCL instance comes up automatically. The
GDAT
>instance does not. The GDATALRT.LOG does not have any entries indicating
that
>an attemp was made to start the instance. I have to manually start
SVRMGR30,
>connect internal and startup specifying the pfile.
> Does anyone know what I should be doing to avoid manually running
SVRMGR30