HELP: missing dbf file

From: henry valdes <henry.valdes_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 14:10:11 -0700

I inadvertently deleted a *.dbf file. The instance will start and I can mount the DB but can not open it.

Rec'd the error message: "ORA-01157 cannot identify data file name - file not found" when I try to open the DB.

A solution from the Oracle message and code manual simply says to "make the file available to the database".

How can this be accomplished and/or can I develop a temporary work-around so that the users can gain access. Can I re-create this file and/or disassociate it?

Note: I do not have a back-up copy.

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 16:10:11 CDT