Re: SETTING THE ORACLE DATE

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 19:24:15 -0700

> Basically, I need to know how to alter the
> Oracle clock so that SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL returns a date in 2000 (to
> whatever i set the Oracle clock to), instead of today's date.
>
> Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Suman

Your understanding of how Oracle stores dates is not quite correct, but you already had some answers about that ... I just want you to know that besides changing the system time (which may not be possible if you have not exclusive use of the machine) there is an init.ora parameter named FIXED_DATE the purpose of which is exactly what you want - forcing SYSDATE to some predefined value. Of course, like any init.ora change, you'll have to shut your database down and start it up again.

--
Regards,

  Stéphane Faroult
  Oriole Corporation