Re: Help: ORA-01122

From: William Dangren <wdangren_at_navisent.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:21:09 -0400

There is a problem with your control file and the actual file. You may need to re-create the control file. You can get the script by entering this command as system:

alter database backup controlfile to trace;

This command will place the file needed in you background dump dest. look for the latest time stamp to find the file because it names it like any other ora_###.trc file. You usually need to edit the file to make sure it has all the filenames and filesizes correct.

If that doesn't work you file may be corrupt. Get the latest backup and replace it.
Have a good one.

Bill

ewong74_at_netscape.net wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I tried to create a tablespace and the an error message:
> SVRMGR> CREATE TABLESPACE USER DATAFILE 'c:\user.dbf' size 5000M;
>
> ORA-01122: database file 6 failed verification check
> data file 6 'c:\usr.dbf'
> actual file size of 462848 is smaller than correct size of 2560000 blocks
>
> Please help. Thanx!!
>
> Ed

William Dangren
Navis Enterprises
407.348.6401
800.219.0207 Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 14:21:09 CDT