Re: How to drop database?

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:51:30 GMT

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:02:16 +0900, "Lim, Young-sang" <guerbois_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi everyone!
>I wanna drop database and recreate it.
>But I can't find the way that I can....
>Please help me!

  1. get a list of files from v$datafile and v$logfile
  2. shutdown the database
  3. delete those files using operating system commands
  4. look into the initialization file to get the names and locations of the control files.
  5. delete the control files.
  6. you may not want to delete the init file since you are planning to recreate the database.

There is no DROP DATABASE command, unfortunately.

Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 12:51:30 CDT