Re: Probleme to add a column

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:51:01 GMT

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:21:17 +0200, "Sophie" <s.bruyant_at_abs-technologies.com> wrote:

>I had to add a column in an Oracla table and when I try to do it, I have an
>error message : incorrect column name.
>
>My script is :
>atlter table X
>add column (toto varchar2);

I think that you might need a length to go with your varchar2 datatype, but your immediate problem may be the use of the word "column". Try the following:

alter table X

	add (
		toto varchar2(10)
		);

You don't need all the indenting if you don't want it. I just added it for clarity.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 12:51:01 CDT