Re: cannot get error message in SQL*PLUS

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:08:34 GMT

I'm not sure about OpenVMS, but this message is caused by Oracle being unable to find the message files--
The Oracle_Home environment variable must point to the correct location - where Oracle was installed - The messages are in various subdirectories of this location e.g. . Oracle_Home/dbs
In NT this is accomplished in the Registry, but I'm not sure how it is handled in OpenVMS, but I hope this points you in the right direction....

¤¯³Ç <nike_at_hk.super.net> wrote:

>After I installed OpenVMS Oracle7.3.3.4.0 with the following components:
>NetConfig
>SQLPLUS
>Util
>
>I can't use SQLPLUS to access remote database.
>
>The error message is something like:
>
>ERROR: error trying to get message for ORA-12345
>
>It seems the Oracle cannot get the error message.
>
>Please help
>
>Many thanks!
>
>P.S. the error code is fictious, the error message
>for the code should be something like incorrect header type.
>
>P.P.S. I have installed Oracle8 server on the same machine, would
>it hurts?

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 11:08:34 CDT