Re: changing data definition

From: <alanlee88_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:48:03 GMT

The only way that I can think of is to create a temporary table with exactly the same definition and populate it with all the data. Empty that column and change the precision (alter table modify..blah..) and do a insert into original_table (select * from tmp_table where key1=key2..).

Hope it helps.

Alan Lee
BSI Consulting
Houston, Texas