Re: ORA-01200 on RAID 5

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 16:51:32 +0200

Mark,

the error means that the OS returns the size (of the datafile), that is less than you actually specified. You're not installing on compressed file systems, are you? Check the attributes of the directory: compress should be OFF for the database directories.

--
Frank van Bortel

Technical Consultant Oracle
V&L Informatica BV

Work                                Home
Postbus 545                         Hunzestraat 4
7500 AM Enschede                    7555 WB Hengelo
(31)53.434.1500                     (31)74.242.5046