Oracle Y2K Compliance: Need Your Feedback

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 8 Apr 1999 14:23:16 GMT

Dear Oracle Users,
We have a few databases running 7.3.3. We are in the process of upgrading to 7.3.4 in order to make them Y2K compliant. Also, 7.3.3 is not supported by Oracle anymore.

It came to our knowledge that even 7.3.4 is not Y2K compliant. I have attached the reasons at the bottom of this posting. Is upgrading our databases to 8.0.5 our only option? I am kind of reluctanct to take this route. What is everyone else in the Oracle world doing?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
  Kittu.

7.3.4 not Y2K Compliant

"In Oracle 7.3.4, Cumulative Exports may not include the correct tables for the first cumulative export in the year 2000. The bug number for this error is 778615. In addition, some V$ tables have VARCHAR2 columns which include date related information.
E.g.: V$LOG.FIRST_TIME V$LOG_HISTORY.TIME. This does not cause any operational problems but may affect any scripts which use information in these views. Refer to tech support bulletin for bug number 817753 for workaround information." Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 09:23:16 CDT