Re: Full Table Scans with Partition View

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 8 Apr 1999 13:26:08 GMT

I think the key phrase in your post is 'remote database'. That means your query is a distributed query. Distributed queries do not behave exactly like local queries, and it is not uncommon for them to have to bring back the entire remote table.

Look at your query and see if it would be better to execute the entire query remotely, and to only bring back the result set. There is hint to help Oracle choose the driving site, driving_site. I believe that it was undocumented in 7.3, but I am pretty sure it is documented in 8.

And yes Oracle can use an index to retrieve data from a single partition or multiple partitions of a partitioned table.

garrett.vance_at_pgees.com wrote in article <7egv8j$5cf$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...