Getting the SID for an Oracle process

From: Kevin Berry <nospam_at_austinreed.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:49:12 +0100

Hi,

How do I tie the UNIX PID of a oracle server process back to the Oracle SID.

I often need to find out who is using CPU cycles on our Digital UNIX box. This is easy if they are connecting from the server itself because the Unix process id is referenced in v$session. However, most of the users are connect from PC clients and the PID referenced in v$session is, I assume, the PID of the Windows 95 process not that of the local oracle process.

Oracle server is;

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.3.0 with the 64-bit option - Production Release With the distributed, parallel query and Spatial Data options PL/SQL Release 2.3.2.3.0 - Production

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Kevin Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 04:49:12 CDT