Memoryallocation in Oracle

From: Ruediger Tams <ruediger.tams_at_komtel.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 09:31:11 +0200

Hi !
We are using Remedy ARS 3.2 and have some performance problems with our intallation. Now we received the following advise:

#

Finally, one thing that you can do at the database level that is of vital
importance is to make sure that the DB is configured to use as large a chunk
of physical memory as you possibly can. The default memory configuration of
most SQL database engines is almost never enough for optimum performance.
Configuring more memory is probably the largest database performance gain
that you can get.
#

Now my question:
How can I configure our database (Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.4 on WinNT4 Server SP4) for this special way of "use as much memory as you want" ?

Our hardware is Asus P2B-DS with Dual Intel PII 400 MHz and 1 GB RAM, so there is enough memory and prozessor power, I think.

TFHIA ! (Thanx for hints in advance !) ;-)

Regards
Ruediger Tams

KomTel GmbH
Flensburg, Germany
mailto:ruediger.tams_at_komtel.net Received on Thu Apr 08 1999 - 02:31:11 CDT