Re: naming convention of oracle

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 14:31:46 +0800

Hi,

I think Oracle introduced the OFA for the purpose of making Oracle look the same on all UNIX platforms (and NT now). In the old days of 7.0, 7.1 Oracle use to use the /opt file system on Solaris (if i remember correctly), but with OFA now well and truly established within the installer it should look the same on HP as well as Solaris.

Details of the OFA standard is at the following location for Solaris and v8.1.5
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/solaris/server.815/a67456/appa_ofa.htm#943366

Hope this helps,
Andrew