Re: OWS 3.0.2 web-listener failure

From: Bart MEUWIS <bmeuwis_at_pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:17:17 +0200

Indeed, use a port above 1024 anyway. Because if you use one below, you should always start it as root AND STOP IT as root, which can get you in to trouble if you forget.

Best is even to create a special user who only has rights to these specific commands.

Bart MEUWIS
DBA / Oracle Applications System Analyst