Position of NULLs in a sort

From: tony <tony_at_brunnet.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 17:55:29 -0400

When sorting a column that has some NULL values, the NULL values are weighted higher than all other values.
For example: Descending sort of a number(01) column: NULL
9
8
7
.
.
.

This is counter-intuitive to me, and my client. Is there a parameter that can be set to reverse this, or another method? Substituting an extremely low value for NULL is an unacceptable solution.

Thanks in advance,

Tony Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 16:55:29 CDT