Re: Oracle Licenses -please advise!

From: <NOtakmel_at_stratos.netSPAM>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 21:14:24 GMT

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:51:58 -0500, "Rich D" <rdolan_at_fraingroup.com> wrote:

>Also, if you have a smaller system, make sure you discuss the Workgroup
>Server version, not the Enterprise version. We are running the Workgroup
>Server version, with a 40 seat license, and it was pretty reasonable (about
>3 years ago). The Workgroup Server has some limitations, but it does
>everything we need.

Rich,

Was that WorkGroup license bundled with a application that it (Oracle) can not be used for anything else than that particular application's operation?

I'm looking at an application that uses Oracle as the back-end (data store). It comes bundled with an Oracle 7.3.4.x WorkGroup license. With this licnese I can't use it for anything else other than this application's operation. Is that the case with your WorkGroup license or is it something else, like the number of seats, that differentiate between WorkGroup vs Enterprise?

It sure is like having a root canal when talking to a rep ... I at least got a similar number to what Lisa posted for the Enterprise license (unofficial & it's Q4 @ Oracle <g>) but couldn't get a figure on how much credit I would get for turning in the WorkGroup license so it will be an upgrade from WorkGroup to Enterprise :-( Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 16:14:24 CDT