OAS 407 database sessions

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kazimiej_at_bms.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 16:05:02 -0400

Using OAS 4.0.7 on Solaris 2.6, RDBMS 7.3.4, OAS application using the PL/SQL cartridge, with a DAD that does not store a user/password in the DAD.

The problem I have is in getting the oracle session to go away. Sessions seem to stay in oracle too long, and no amount of tuning and playing with OAS setup seems to make a difference. The best I can do is to get the sessions to go away after 5 to 10 minutes of inactivity. And, this seems really odd because OAS never reuses these oracle sessions: that is, the session stays in the database until the next time the user uses oas - at that point the database session logs out, and a new one logs back in (twice actually), so why does it keep the old one around for?

What I see is:

So the session doej finally goes away after 5 to 10 minutes. Is another client uses the same app/cartridge, and logs on as someone else, his activity seems to keep the other connections in the database around even longer.

Any ideas?

Joe Kazimierczyk
kazimiej_at_bms.com Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 15:05:02 CDT