Re: Some question about temp segment

From: webbo <hughjanus_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 16:02:45 GMT

Jack,

  1. If default temporary tablespace fills up, the query bombs. 2. Views are not dynamic, you just have to keep on querying them. Simply select the sum(bytes) from dba_free_space where tablespace_name=<name of your temp t/s>
  2. Correct. Oracle will attempt the sort in the SGA memory, and only uses the temp t/s if the SGA is not big enuf.

I've got some software on my PC with sample questions for OCP, but I haven't the foggiest where it came from. It must be out there somewhere.

Good luck.
Allan

In article <7e9u7v$tne$1_at_imsp009a.netvigator.com>,   "Eric" <eric1081_at_netvigator.com> wrote:
> During my preparation for OCP, I have the following question:
>
> 1. What does oracle do if the user's default temporary tablespace is full in
> a sort operation?
> 2. Any dynamic view I can use to monitor the temporary segment?
> 3. I think temporary segment and sort segment the same thing, are they ?
>
> Meanwhile, where can I get information to help my preparation for OCP, e.g.
> sample question... etc.
>
> Tnks
>
> Jack

Webbo