Re: shared pool

From: Chris Hamilton <ToneCzar_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:54:18 GMT

On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 14:37:55 -0700, Naushi Hussain <Naushi.Hussain_at_Alliedsignal.com> wrote:

>I get error in donig a full export - not enough memory to allocate ....
>
>Do I need to increase shared pool and how do I calculate my need. Any
>help will be appreciated.

Before you begin the export, run the following command in Server Manager:

SVRMGR> alter system flush shared_pool;

This will flush the shared pool, defragmenting it in the process. The problem you're experiencing is likely due to fragmentation in the shared pool -- too many small chunks of free memory but not enough contiguous space to allocate. This was a problem in 7.0 through 7.2. What version are you running?

Chris

Chris Hamilton -- toneczar_at_erols.com
Oracle DBA -- Wall Street Sports
http://www.wallstreetsports.com/ Received on Wed Apr 07 1999 - 06:54:18 CDT