Re: CURSORS AND ROLLBACK SEGMENTS: which one is correct ?

From: Pat Minnis <pminnis_at_maverick.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 18:19:01 -0500

I have a similar problem also (to a lesser degree). I have a stored procedure in SYS schema to change current user's password, commit, and exit. In Oracle Forms45 I have to do another commit or the password change isn't in the database. I have tested forward & backward and it doesn't always happen. What is different about a stored procedure commit? I'm on Oracle Server 7.3.3.0

Dogan Cibiceli <dcib_at_gwl.com> wrote in message news:370A7C74.4742EDEC_at_gwl.com...
> jgopinath_at_gt.com wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have a CURSOR which selects around 30,000 rows. I then process the
rows
> > returned by the CURSOR. After processing each row, I do a commit. THe
stored
> > procedure seems to process around 10,000 rows and then throws up an
error
> > saying that the rollback segment is too small. No other errors are
generated
> > by the procedure. My understanding was that if we do a commit after each
row
> > is processed, there is no reason for the rollback segment to be filled.
Am I