Re: Mainframe data

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 19:11:00 GMT

There are a variety of approaches that come to mind, depending on what you are trying to do:

  1. Oracle - DB2 transparent gateway
  2. Use a DB2 ODBC driver, and do the conversion from a PC
  3. Install Oracle client in the mainframe
  4. Write a program to dump records to a flat text file.

Probably a few others as well, depends on if this a one-shot deal, or ongoing, volume of data, etc.

Steve