Re: 2G Max on export file

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 18:38:55 GMT

A copy of this was sent to gcb45_at_dial.pipex.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 06 Apr 1999 16:15:08 GMT, you wrote:

>I know that there is a 2G ceiling on UNIX files. One of my database
>export files is approaching the 2G limit and it is already compressed
>on the fly.
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what should be done to deal
>with this problem?
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>Thanks
>Gary

Use split to generate N export files that cat can put back together....

Heres a sample script:

#!/bin/csh -vx

setenv UID sys/xxxx
setenv FN exp.`date +%j_%Y`.dmp
setenv PIPE /tmp/exp_tmp.dmp

echo $FN

cd /nfs/atc-netapp1/expbkup
ls -l

rm expbkup.log export.test exp.*.dmp* $PIPE mknod $PIPE p

date > expbkup.log
split -b 500m $PIPE $FN. &
exp userid=$UID buffer=20000000 file=$PIPE full=y >>& expbkup.log date >> expbkup.log

date > export.test
cat `echo $FN.* | sort` > $PIPE &
imp userid=sys/o8isgr8 file=$PIPE show=y full=y >>& export.test date >> export.test

tail expbkup.log
tail export.test

ls -l
rm -f $PIPE

I export to split, cat em back together and let imp have a go at the file to test it.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 13:38:55 CDT