Re: 2G Max on export file

From: Vitaliy Mogilevskiy <vit100gain_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 10:46:06 -0700

I belive someone asked this Q here not long ago and

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

had a great solution:

You could export to a tape device or if you want to goto disk, you can use a
pipe to export to 'compress' or 'split'. (or compress and then split). For
speed, I export to split creating a series of 500m files. Here is an example:

#!/bin/csh -vx

setenv UID sys/xxxxx
setenv FN exp.`date +%j_%Y`.dmp.gz
setenv PIPE /tmp/exp_tmp.dmp

echo $FN

cd /u01/atc-netapp1/expbkup
ls -l

#remove last export
rm expbkup.log export.test exp.*.dmp.* $PIPE mknod $PIPE p

date > expbkup.log
split -b 500m $PIPE $FN. &
exp userid=$UID buffer=20000000 file=$PIPE full=y >>& expbkup.log date >> expbkup.log

date > export.test
cat `echo $FN.* | sort` > $PIPE &
imp userid=sys/o8isgr8 file=$PIPE show=y full=y >>& export.test date >> export.test

tail expbkup.log
tail export.test

ls -l
rm -f $PIPE

this script exports the full database into a series of 500m files. It then
'reconstructs' the original file after the export is done using cat into the
pipe and tests the integrity of the export using IMP show=y....