dbverify.exe

From: Michael Reeves <m_reeves_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:09:16 -0700

How do I interpret the *.txt file created by running the dbverify.exe tool provided by Oracle. I run this tool after I have backed up the datafiles, before sending them to tape. I am unsure what "pages" mean when referring to a datafile. I have enclosed a sample output file.

Total Pages Examined                    : 262141
Total Pages Processed  (Data)      : 2
Total Pages Failing ( Data)             : 0
Total Pages Processed (Index)       : 0
Total Pages Failing (Index)              : 0
Total Pages Empty                            : 262141
Total Paqges Marked Corrupt        : 0
Total Pages Influx                               : 0

I have been unable to locate any information on this topic in any of the books I have.
We are running Oracle 7 Server v7.3.4 on an NT 4.0 server with sp3.0.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Michael Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 13:09:16 CDT