Full backup after shutdown immediate

From: Roy Brokvam <roy.brokvam_at_conax.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 17:08:17 +0200

Dear Oracle friends,

The Oracle7 Server Administrator's Guide (which I got with my 7.1.3 distibution) says that I cannot rely on a full backup if the database has not been shut down with normal priority. In particular, it says I cannot use shutdown immediate.

The 7.3.4 Online Generic Documentation CD-ROM says: To perform a Full Backup, first shut down the database with normal or immediate priority...

Has this changed somewhere between 7.1.3 and 7.3.4? Is the 7.3.4 text correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roy Brokvam
roy.brokvam_at_conax.com Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 10:08:17 CDT