Checking Size of the Stored procedures

From: Søren Klintrup <bigchief_at_aub.dk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:39:47 +0200

I'm a newly started DBA, i've just attended the oracle DBA course .. a Great course...

The next monday i started to look at our database (wich was set up by the guy before me who knew nothing about oracle, as me :). And in all my horror i see that the System tablespace spans 1.7 Gigabyte!!! (yup that is 1700 Megabytes)..

At the course i was told that 60 megabytes should be more than enough for most systems ... and 300 megabytes for a developers system .... ok .. i would have gone for 300-400 megs ... but 1.7 Gigabytes ??

it seems that the stored procedures takes a lot of the space, but i'm not sure ... that is what i want to check ...

I just did a full export of the database and the stored procedures took over 95% of the export time ..

The database is not in production yet, so i can close it as much as i want .... but as far as i've been told theres still some data that has been transferred to the database ..

How do i check the size of the Stored Procedures ?? How do i check how which Stored Procuderes is installed ? How do i check the size of the tables in the system tablespace ? If none of this helps .. how do i check whats making the system tablespace so large ..

/Søren Received on Tue Apr 06 1999 - 03:39:47 CDT