Netware - multiple protocol adapters

From: Rich D <rdolan_at_fraingroup.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:03:53 -0500

We are running Oracle Workgroup Server V7.3 for Netware. Up to this point, all of the clients were Win95 running on the Novell network, using the SPX SQLNET protocol adapter. We actually have 2 Novell servers, the main file server, and the Oracle file server. Everyone logs in to the main server.

We now have a need to connect to the Oracle DB from a Win NT4 server. This server currently is connected to the Novell network. I installed the Oracle client on the NT server, and used Easycfg to configure the connection.

The TCP protocol adapter was not installed on the Oracle server, so I installed it. I restarted the server and Oracle, but it doesn't seem to load the TCP protocol adapter, although it does load the SPX protocol adapter.

Does anyone know if I am on the right track to getting this to worlk? I did configure the Listener for the TCP adapter. Am I missing something?

When I try to do a TNSPING from the NT server, I get the message that the service does not exist.

Regards,

Rich Dolan Received on Mon Apr 05 1999 - 22:03:53 CDT